In today’s fast-paced world, the outcome of learning is assessed according to the comprehensive development of an individual. Thus, to address the worldwide needs of 21st-century society, tertiary education must educate graduates with professional knowledge/skills and all-around qualities.
Nowadays, various countries’ higher education institutes emphasize continuous quality improvement by reforming their curriculum, planning, and assessing learning outcomes at all levels. The accomplishment of outcomes is believed to be analyzed using evidence of learning to ensure learning outcomes are met.
Outcome-based education (OBE) is a student-centric educational paradigm that directs each level of learning on the accomplishment of learning outcomes. OBE emphasizes professional knowledge, skills, talents, values, and attitudes over the educational process.
OBE is a student-centered strategy that fosters hands-on learning opportunities to improve the information, skills, and personality qualities that students acquire at the conclusion of a program or course. Curriculum, pedagogy, and evaluation procedures are completely focused on expected goals to be accomplished by students after completion of their course or program.
Students assume more responsibility for their educational pursuits under OBE implementation and can work more actively in line with their learning trajectory. Teachers also get feedback on the effectiveness of the teaching and learning strategies they use in the classroom via outcome-based assessment.
The teaching methods used in the OBE paradigm are tailored to each student’s unique requirements and are mandated to use active pedagogical techniques to empower real-world, technology-driven, field-based abilities that may illustrate the relationship between theory and its applications.
The assessment techniques include practical assessment techniques such as open book assessments, assignments, project demonstrations, and others that may demonstrate how well objectives have been reached and, ultimately skill set and values in learners.
We at iCloudEMS understand the 21st-century education demands and facilitate Higher Education Institutes to empower a learner-centric education system that can well prepare graduates to contribute in a globalized knowledge-driven world. Our key cutting-edge features and services include;
- A cloud-based server that can store a lot of data and records for easy record management, enabling instructors to keep track of how their students are doing with their course objectives.
- Time-saving tools for attendance management, assignment submission that automate the design of schedules, publication of assignments, and results reporting for academic staff.
- Digital course baskets that simplify the choice of courses and their allocation according to the Choice Based Credit System for a flexible and dynamic learning environment.
- OBE-LMS promotes an outcomes-oriented culture by developing interesting course materials and tasks using innovative approaches for accurately mapping and designing course outcomes.
- Our Accreditation management system automates OBE-assisted executions and digitizes the foundational work to save up staff time and resources from completing repetitive, tiresome duties.
- Student-lifecycle management system, which allows users to quickly and easily access all aspects of a student’s academic career and fosters an environment for continuous quality improvement.
- A system for online classes and exams that encourages the strategic execution of OBE in all pre-and post-exam tasks, from creating question banks to disseminating final results, with utmost care to developing and outlining every component with outcomes.
In a nutshell, iCloudEMS digitizes all-academic and non-academic functions of Higher Education Institutes to develop and establish a student-centric culture. We make you embrace the OBE paradigm in educational processes and systems that prepare the youth to think beyond academics and reflect real-life characteristics to enter the globalized workforce.