iCloudEMS welcomes the new education policy Academic Bank of Credits with its Effective Education Management System
Higher education has always played a key role in enhancing the essence of humanity and encouraging collective wellbeing so that India can get its recognition as the nation which upholds liberty, equality, fraternity, and justice for all. It provides people with an opportunity to reflect on the social, economic, cultural, moral, intellectual and spiritual issues faced at every stage. It contributes to national development through dissemination of specialized knowledge and skill. Being at the apex of the educational pyramid, it has also a key role in producing learned teachers and aspiring students for the education system.
The objectives of Higher Education can be identified as:
Imparting Wisdom & Knowledge: Education is all about training of mind and soul. Any sort of knowledge is a waste if it fails to awaken something in the students. Education is valued only when it kindles the spark of an attitude to achieve great and create history.
Establishing Social Order:Effective education system targets to find its guiding principle to establish the social order. It is only possible when educated people understand and value the existence of democracy, justice, liberty, equality and most importantly our freedom.
Building the right kind of teaching-learning environment: Institutions of HE focus on the creation and sustenance of the right kind of teaching-learning environment by improving the quality of teaching and thus enabling students to acquire global competencies in various fields of study and application to successfully face the challenges in the changing global scenario.
It is very well said that “Instead of learning to memorize facts and figures, students need to learn how to learn and how to solve problems”. Moreover, this has become the need of the hour that students stretch their wings and fly high into the limitless sky encompassing as much knowledge as they can. In the light of this, a new education policy has been introduced named as Academic Bank of Credit aka ABC which will help students to become academic account holders and they can move between or within degree-granting Higher Educational institutions through a formal system of credit recognition, credit accumulation, credit transfers and credit redemption to promote distributed and flexible teaching and learning environment. This would also allow students who have to drop out of their courses due to unavoidable circumstances to resume their programme at a later time from where they left it, rather than having to start over from the beginning of the course.
This academic flexibility creates a new possibility for innovative and substitutable curricular programs leading to creative blends of different courses in multifarious Disciplines of Education because of which students can attain Degree or Diploma or Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate of Study which offer multiple entry and multiple exit facilities assuring an authentic lifelong learning instead of forced and crammed knowledge.
The essential objectives of Academic Bank of Credits System:
- To promote student centricity with learner-friendly approaches in higher education across the country and promote a more inter-disciplinary approach in higher education.
- To enable students to select the best courses or combination of courses to suit their aptitude and quest for knowledge.
- To permit students to choose a pace for their studies along with the associated logistics and costs.
- To allow students to tailor their degrees or make specific modifications or specialisations rather than undergoing the rigid, regularly prescribed degree or courses of a single university or autonomous college.
- To enable multiple entry-multiple exit for students to complete their degrees as per their time preferences, providing mobility across various disciplines and HEIs for Degree or Diploma or Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate programme or Course work for the Ph.D. programme.
- To support, procedurally, the teaching-learning activities to happen in a distributed and blended manner through integration across campuses or universities or autonomous colleges with increased mobility.
- To facilitate lifelong learning amongst all, i.e., formal and informal students from both full-time and part-time modes.
- To satisfy the students’ quest for knowledge, freedom to choose and change their academic directions, connect different domains of knowledge and help them acquire the right foundations and building blocks to pursue their life goals.
Role of iCloudEMS in supporting the essential objectives of Academic Bank of Credits System:
- iCloudEMS with its managed services create an easy way to users in managing feedback and updating the records. Students and teachers can view the performance data and accumulated credits in case, students are planning to pursue other courses using those credits. It becomes easier for the system to transfer the credits without any manual error. Out unified system provides print option for viewing the detail about the record of students. Using this, staff and management section can easily find students details. This system is a paperless system by which workload is reduced.
- Our managed services to ERP system can provide a framework to this new policy of ABC through which learning communities can be developed to inject change into the educational environment. Our system can enable the integration of curriculums through developing connecting points and providing a nervous system for integration, while removing redundancies between disciplines. In the process, they refine our understanding of the nature of knowledge in areas of business, while optimizing use of technology in the campus setting.
- Our product Learning Management System or LMS is a sophisticated could-based software with its effective features and functionality and enables collaborative learning by creating engaging and creative courses, enabling effective learning assessment, easy content customization, conserving time & money and has reduced dependency and increased flexibility in accessing different programs for learners. This presents a plethora of options for the students in the selection of their courses using their accumulated credits.
- Our Education Management System supports a multi-campus structure that enables trusts and educational societies to have centralized database and streamlines operations across different institutions while maintaining their individual autonomy. So, in this new policy of ABC, communication between the institutes while transferring the students can be done without any confusion.
- Our managed services will assist the management to analyse the various aspects of this Academic Bank of Credits by improving the data access and boosting well-informed decision-making through strategic data analysis.
The New Education Policy is bringing few significant changes like Commencement of Schooling at the age of 3 years, Mother Tongue as the medium of instruction, One body for Higher Education i.e. HECI or Higher Education Commission of India instead of UGC, AICTE, NCTE etc. and most importantly Establishment of an e-education unit. To look after
e-Education and pace up the Online learning, a department will be created in the MHRD for schools and higher educational institutions to build digital infrastructure and digital content. It has become mandatory for the institutions to equip themselves with web-based technologies and effective ERP software as online education is ensuring preparedness with alternative modes of learning and reaching the most interior places of the country. iCloudEMS with its products i.e. Accreditation Management System, OBE & Learning Management, Student Lifecycle, Online Classes & Online Examination System and skilled managed services promises to provide a trustful and efficient aid to this new system of Teaching & Learning methodologies.