Role of iCloudEMS in Enhancing efficiency of Higher Education Institutes in the Era of Digitalization of Higher Education: A Glance
Digitalization of Higher Education: A Brief Overview
In the last two decades, particularly at the turn of the twentieth century, the advancement in science and technology transformed higher education. The Education Technology (ET) with the help of Information and Communication technology (ICT) democratized higher education, consequently it brought learners to the global platform where they can exchange their knowledge. Considering the advancement of science and technology, the governments of the different countries have access to higher education, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, or social, geographic, or economic background. They emphasize that education should facilitate good access to labor and skills across the country. Lifelong learning is important in order to help not only individuals but also society and the labor market at large to adapt and innovate in the different domains of human knowledge. However, the process of digitization opens avenues for access to education and for cooperation. Further, new, innovative, and varied forms of teaching and learning are being used in regular campus-based courses by combining analogue and digital media (blended learning), and new models are being provided for purely online-based learning processes.
The process of the digitalization of higher education is recognized as an efficient, diverse, and robust sector in almost every country in the world. It has become a tool for making fundamental changes to the processes, content, and forms of work that can present higher education in a better position to achieve the goals of education and research including high quality and relevance, and access to education for all. In this connection, Open Educational Resources (OERs) are the best examples which can be accessed anytime, and anywhere. OERs can be reused, revised, retained, remixed, and redistributed.
The primary goals for digitalization of higher education and ICT in the higher education may be identified as:
- High quality in education and research
- Research and education for welfare, value creation, and adaptation
- Good access to education
- An efficient, diverse, and robust higher education sector and research system
However, in order to meet the above goals, the process of digitization of higher education, and ICT in the higher education must support the following goals:
- Course Instructors have high levels of digital and pedagogical skills (knowledge of how to use digital tools to promote learning in their subjects).
- Course Instructors can exercise their choice for a wide range of applications and digital tools and services that support the implementation of education, from planning, through teaching itself and interaction with students/stakeholders both internally and externally, to take a follow up and evaluation of students at individual and group levels.
- Teachers can be encouraged to focus on the development of higher education-oriented activities by collecting documented results in the field of education.
Significance and Advantages Roles of Integrating iCloudEMS in Digital Higher Education
The iCloudEMS facilitates digital learning in higher education. The different significant functions of iCloudEMS have enriched the teaching-learning environment in the students-centric classrooms of the twenty-first century. It not only helps the course instructors and learners to maintain learning processes or make learning happen smoothly, but it also diminishes the distance between the teacher and the teacher, by supporting and connecting both digitally. In recent years, iCloudEMS has played a significant and key role in the digitalization of higher education. The major advantages of this software include— transforming universities and colleges by helping them become digital, which leads to enhanced quality education, personalized learning, blended classroom experience, learner-centric classroom and higher industry collaboration, driving newer revenue streams and increasing productivity of all stakeholders – Students, Faculty, Management, Accreditation bodies, Alumni and Industry experts.
The software, iCloudEMS governs digital space to automate and simplify the tiresome and redundant activities of accreditation. The comprehensive Accreditation Management System of iCloudEMS enables an error-free mapping of learning outcomes which further aligns with vision and mission of an institution. It enables faculty members to be more creative and channelize their efforts in a more productive way as we are here to take care in aligning their workflow in compliance with the visionary requisites and guidelines. Consequently, the enhanced efficiency of the institute deliberates on the quality monitoring and improvement.
In the 21st century, marked as an era of competitive environment, it is essential for Higher Education Institutes to invest in a digital partner like iCloudEMS that can align the workflow with the visionary strategies of the institute to ensure quality assurance and enrichment of efficiency of its employees, staff, learners etc.
- iCloudEMS has a dashboard entry of students’ databases with all their necessary personal and academic details at the admission stage that can be easily fetched any time for maintaining and updating records.
- Manages services to the ERP of Higher Education System to automate and simplify the administrative and non-administrative tasks of Colleges and Universities.
- iCloudEMS has an automatic timetable generation system to prepare multiple types of timetables i.e., class wise, room wise, faculty wise without any clashes and redundancy.
- Personalized learning management system to create an online repository of lecture notes and facilitates other study material that can be easily downloaded for documentation of course files.
- The Online Examination system of iCloudEMS fosters examination process and makes the evaluation procedure easier. It reports in the OBE paradigm including all imperative COs-Pos, mapping analytical reports to gauge the abilities of students and empower continuous quality improvement.
- Semester-wise mapping and evaluation of students’ performance against PO parameters.
- Incorporate direct/indirect assessment tools to measure the attainment of each PO.
- More focus is on rote learning than the achievement of 21st century competencies.
- Map COs with POs appropriate to the levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Develops appropriate ICT based and learner-oriented Pedagogy Framework Tools to enhance efficiency of course instructors to design, develop, monitor and review curricula based on the stakeholder’s /Industry / Expert feedback.
- Includes references to appropriate learning material for all the defined outcomes, and integrates case study, unsolved problems, and resources in the respective outcomes.